SBS E-containerguard tracking unit
The SBS E-containerguard is a system for monitoring and tracking containers. With this tracking unit, you can simultaneously monitor the status of your cargo and the integrity of the container doors in real time.
The e-containerguard is easy to install
The E-containerguard tracking unit can easily be fitted over the bars on the outside of your container, connected to the door locking mechanism and secured by using a standard container pin seal. This will stop any unauthorized person who tries to open the doors to the container.
Monitor your cargo real time
When combined with our SBS information system or your own portal, you will be able to monitor the cargo in the container in real time. So you can keep track of departure and arrival times and changes to routes. The E-Containerguard also alerts you automatically if the link to the container is broken, enabling you as the transporter to take action in good time. Once the container and cargo have been delivered to the customer, you deactivate the E-Containerguard and mail the tracking unit back.
How does the E-containerguard work?
The E-containerguard has a warning system which consists of two parts. The infrared sensor on the right-hand door ensures that an alarm goes off if a gap is created between the bar and the E-Containerguard. An alarm will also go off if the metal bracket on the E-containerguard is removed. The alarm can be set so that the driver or planner will be sent an SMS or e-mail.
SBS E-containerguard parts and options:
- The E-containerguard has a robust housing containing the GPS, detection sensors and electronics. The housing is mounted in a frame. The internal battery has a maximum life of 2 months and is easy to recharge using an USB cable.
- With the optional E-SenPak sensor unit, you can also monitor the movement, temperature and humidity of your cargo. The E-SenPak is placed in the container’s loading space and connected to the E-Containerguard. With this, you can monitor a number of parameters with a single compact unit. Ideal for use in refrigerated containers. You can connect a maximum of four E-SenPak sensors to a E-Containerguard via Bluetooth.
- Provides alerts for the following: opening, sabotage, tipping, start/stop movement, battery condition, departure from/arrival on site, stops other than specified location & route changes.
- Rechargeable lithium ion batteries with a battery life of up to 6 months
- 2G/3G connectivity
- Reporting interval varies from daily to hourly for scheduled reporting and up to 5-minute intervals for movement.
- Automated reporting configuratios: scheduled reports, movement and alerts or a combination of these.