Maintenance tips: Gatelock
Commercial vehicle security
The Gatelock is a precision lock that requires maintenance just like your van. The maintenance tips below will help you to prevent problems and to enjoy using your Gatelock van lock for as long as possible.
- Lubricate the bolts of your Gatelock security lock with plenty of Vaseline during installation.
- Check your Gatelock lock regularly for wear. Replace any worn parts.
- Lubricate the moving parts of your Gatelock van lock with WD-40 lubricant at least once a month and check to make sure that they are working properly.
- Lubricate the moving parts with WD-40 lubricant on a weekly basis in the winter (on account of the salt and brine) and check to make sure that they are working properly.
- Lubricate the cylinder with WD-40 lubricant at least every six months.
- Clean the van lock using a non-abrasive cleaning agent in order to avoid damage to the lock. In any case, never use chemicals!
Want to find out more?
For more information, please refer to the general Gatelock security lock manual or contact our specialists on +31 (0)88 – 130 66 90 or fill in the contact form.